Welcome to TCAT Jackson
Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Jackson
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson (TCATJ) serves as the premier supplier of workforce development throughout our service area.
The College fulfills this mission by:
- Providing competency-based training through superior quality, traditional and distance learning instruction methods that will qualify completers for employment and job advancement;
- Contributing to the economic and community development of the communities we serve by training and retraining employed workers;
- Ensuring that programs and services are economical and accessible to all residents of Tennessee; and
- Building relationships of trust with community, business, and industry leaders to supply highly skilled workers in areas of need.
Revised December 2015
Vision Statement and Strategic Plan
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson will be a leader in the Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) system in delivering excellent workforce development activities that will be of benefit to our entire service delivery area. We will forge mutually-beneficial partnerships with industry, business and other educational institutions and will become a critical component of our region’s economic development activities. Our instructional programs will be innovative in their use of technology to enrich our student’s overall learning experience. We will value the talents of our students, faculty and staff and will strive to contribute positively to overall wellbeing of our service delivery area’s quality of life.
Our College will be characterized by:
- Excellence in instruction, to be evidenced by above peer-average completion, placement and licensure exam pass rates, as well as positive feedback from our alumni and the business and industry in our service delivery area. Integration of technology into our instructional programs, faculty members who excel in their discipline, along with superior staff support will result in a quality educational experience for all of our students.
- An outstanding faculty and staff who demonstrate effective teaching and communication skills, leverage new technologies and innovative teaching strategies, which will enable each student to reach their maximum level of learning. We will fully support each faculty and staff member’s own educational attainment aspirations. We firmly believe in the “life-long learning” concept.
- An organizational structure and leadership philosophy that will reflect our belief in the importance of accountability, a sense of “community”, and will value the contributions of each individual staff and faculty member. We will carefully evaluate and assess the results and outcomes of all our processes – academic and business. Our budgeting and financial systems will provide for efficient and effective operations of this College.
We are committed to providing a challenging and invigorating educational experience for all of our students. We will leverage all of our resources to develop the technical and job readiness skills that our graduates will need to be productive in a technology-driven society.
People are at the center of all that we do – our students, our staff and our area employers. We will continue to grow, provide quality services and strive for excellence.
To view the 2010 - 2015 Strategic Plan Draft, please click below (word file).