Welcome to TCAT Jackson
Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology
The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology serve as the premier suppliers of workforce development throughout the State of Tennessee. The Colleges fulfill their mission by:
- Providing competency-based training through superior quality, traditional and distance learning instruction methods that qualify completers for employment and job advancement;
- Contributing to the economic and community development of the communities served by training and retraining employed workers;
- Ensuring that programs and services are economical and accessible to all residents of Tennessee; and
- Building relationships of trust with community, business, and industry leaders to supply highly skilled workers in areas of need.
Vision Statement and Strategic Plan
The vision of the Tennessee College of Applied Technology at Jackson is to be the recognized leader in work-force development an the first source of contact for acquiring the highest qualified and skilled workers.
This vision will be attained by:
- Being a working partner with area industry in providing training designed to meet the needs of the 21st century.
- Being supportive of students by providing them with the highest quality training opportunities.
- Being effective in providing students the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful.
- Assuring a positive, supportive learning environment in which every student can achieve their personal best, demonstrated by their performance.
- Working with other area educational institutions, especially the public schools, and Jackson State Community College, to provide seamless articulation of learning.
- Being supportive of faculty and staff and providing them with continuing opportunities to improve their professional expertise and excel in their work.
To view the 2010 - 2015 Strategic Plan Draft, please click below (word file).